The present St Mary’s, the third on this site, was built in 1791 by John Plaw, at the junction of the (english) Harrow Road and the (roman) Edgware Road. It is a very ancient part of London, steeped in history. The existing church of Saint Mary, Paddington Green was built under an Act of 1788, which authorised national collections and appointed 45 trustees, headed by Sir John Morshead and Robert Thistlethwayte.
The church is a delightful, Georgian building within its own extensive graveyard and contains fine monuments (by renowned sculptors such as Physick, Derby and Blore) to local luminaries including Nollekens, Roget and Sarah Siddons. Begun in 1788, it was consecrated in 1791, when it was widely admired.
There are no parking restrictions nearby at weekends!
Fiori Musicali are one of the UK’s principal providers of baroque and classical music outside London, presenting here in partnership with Chamber Music in Little Venice.
EventList powered by schlu.net